Thursday, July 25, 2013

DIY Mickey Mouse Shirt

Because my life is really boring and my days are usually unproductive, I always end up making DIY shirts and whatnots. Here's a very simple one.
What you'll need
  • Plain white shirt
  • Black cloth or old black shirt
  • Fabric paint
  • Crayola for tracing
  • Scissors
  • Circle things you could trace (1 big, 1 small)
This is a no brainer, really. First, take the black cloth and lay it flat on a cardboard. Next, using the crayon, trace a big circle in the black shirt. Then, trace two circles on the upper left&right part of the big circle. Now, just cut the pattern and you'll have a Mickey Mouse figure. (Refer to the photo below)


After that, insert a cardboard inside the white shirt. Place the cutout in the center of the shirt, or wherever you desire. Then you can either sew the cutout using a black thread or you can either glue it to the shirt. In my case, I used the fabric paint because it is really sticky. Then after drying it up, just iron (or press) the cutout (front and back).

If you wish to add any more design, you could. It's your shirt anyway :D
This is what my Mickey Mouse pattern looks like. I added broken lines using white fabric paint to add effect to the design. Hihi.

More power Disney! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment